Specific information regarding the Communication Sciences and Disorders' Acute Care Speech Language Pathology practicum led by Carley Evans MS CCC SLP. Carley is a medical speech pathologist at the Evelyn Trammell Institute for Voice and Swallowing of the Medical University of South Carolina in Charleston. If you are new to this practicum, start with the oldest post listed in Archive.

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

At TCU on Thursday the 13th

Just a heads-up: On Thursday, we will be treating our patients on TCU. Think about some of the patients you know, and decide who you'd like to treat vs. who you'd prefer to observe.

3 comments:

christie said...

I know that I would like to watch you with our Mr. S. Maybe I'm a little freaked out since he responded so negatively the last time I attempted therapy, but I'm one to get back on the horse and ride...But I want to see how you use cuing to help him and learn from your techniques before I jump back in and really lose him. Otherwise, I don't mind working with Mrs. D, and a couple of others. I'm not really sure how to work with our amputee (Mr. J?) with his pacing and all, so maybe I could watch or you could tell me what to do. Sometimes I feel so lost!

christie said...

P.S. Any modifieds tomorrow afternoon around 3ish or after...Or anything else cool going on? Maybe I could rejoin you...

Carley said...

Christie,

We can check the inpatient list to see if any MBSes are in the works for today...